Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would to see what HD (1080i or p) media devices are available that will connect to a TV with HDMI, connect to my cable home network, has remote control and possibly be Netflix compatible. I have a HornetTek Mirage with a 2 TB HDD that I’ve been using for a couple of years but I have several other TVs that have CAT 5 jacks at each location and need to find a cost effective solution to add network media streaming to these other TVs. Any recommendations?
Thanks, Joe

·
Banned
14,914 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Connect to my cable home network means my CAT 5 Ethernet. I stated it that way as to not mean wireless. I am talking about separate devices I suppose because I don't any other way to input my network into the TVs. Each device would need a remote as well. I have RG6 to all the TVs but I need more control and better signal as well as individual access to Netflix and any other future programming. I don't remember how many devices Netflix allows but 3 or 4 for now shouldn't be a problem.
There may be a better way to do this and that's why I'm inquiring here. Thanks

·
Banned
14,914 Posts
There are a lot of appliances that fit your needs. I'd suggest the GoogleTV products like the Logitech Revue. A lot of people here use their PS3 and their xBox's for this. There's also Popcorn Hour products, though I'm unsure if they do Netflix. And most of the Blu-Ray players come with this sort of stuff as well. I know that I can get Netflix on my Sony player and it sees my home network media server fine as well. The company that made the product that you use now makes a product that does what you want as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts