Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spent five years as a full-time broadcast engineer maintaining a 1000 watt directional daytime AM radio station and a 3kW FM station. Duties included routine maintenance and installation of a new recording studio.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I followed up my broadcast career as a low-voltage installation technician. I installed professional sound systems, paging systems, fire alarm systems, nurse call systems and security systems. After three years in the field, I was promoted to job foreman and shop build-up person.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Following my technical installation work, I became a systems designer/salesperson and helped meet customer needs for all the systems we sold. I designed several sound systems for school gyms and auditoriums as well as lots of paging systems, fire alarm systems and security systems.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
After 14-1/2 years with that company, I moved to a new company where I was the system designer. I was responsible for the design and quoting for countless pro-level systems and overseeing the general project management of many more.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
In 2003, I left that company and opened my own consulting firm where I specialized in audio systems for houses of worship and small performance venues. I also designed CCTV and CATV systems as well as a few paging systems for manufacturing plants.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
In 2006, I took a position as an applications engineer for a manufacturing firm specializing in computer-controlled announcement control systems. I moved to a product manager position and, finally, in late 2012, to my current position as a training manager for the company. I have kept in touch with many levels of audio systems including home theater, but i do not profess to be a home theater "wizard". On the other hand, the laws of physics for small rooms apply to all small rooms and electronics systems are electronic systems.

I have been trainined in the use of real time analyzers for audio system setup and in the use of the TEF analyzer for the same purpose. I have migrated to newer platforms, using impulse responses and am learingin their applications in optimizing loudspeakers and optimizing system performance in a room.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts