Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have two Subs in my Equipment with own dsp-moduls.
One left and one right.

Which precedur is better:

Measure both subs together an use one filter, or

Measure the subs alone, create filters for each individual?

Best regards
Harry

·
Premium Member
1,562 Posts
Welcome to HTS!

It is normally considered better to EQ them both together. [Send them both the same mono signal even if it is a 2 channel music setup.]

If the SW distance from the LP is about the same, say within about 1m, and the SWs are the same model then there should be no requirement to measure them separately.

If the setup is more asymmetrical then it is probably a good idea to overlay SPL measurements of them separately and together to assure the combined SPL is well supported over the bass range.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Welcome to HTS!

It is normally considered better to EQ them both together. [Send them both the same mono signal even if it is a 2 channel music setup.]

If the SW distance from the LP is about the same, say within about 1m, and the SWs are the same model then there should be no requirement to measure them separately.

If the setup is more asymmetrical then it is probably a good idea to overlay SPL measurements of them separately and together to assure the combined SPL is well supported over the bass range.
How do you sendtwo mono signals in a two channel stereo setup???

·
Premium Member
1,562 Posts
It depends on the equipment and setup. AVRs an Pre-Pros have the capability. In this case there are two SWs involved so there is an active XO of some type in use. Many of the stand alone units have the option of summing signal to mono. I do not use powered SWs so I don't know offhand, but would expect some of those include the ability to XO and sum the SW to mono?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello,
Thank you for the informations.

Yes the subs are near the Speakers.
For the measure i take the same signal.
If they play, i take the left channel for the left sub and the right channel for the right sub.
The subs are the same chassis an the same plateamp with minidsp( power-ice 125).

Harry

1 - 6 of 6 Posts