Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have two mfw-15 turbo'd subs in a small room (not sure on square footage of room, but not big), they are co-located at opposite ends of the room, I have them tuned in well and calibrated and they do sound very good. But here's the thing, I am trying to reach about 12hz usable output and am wondering if selling the Turbo'd MFW's to go to dual SI 18" 4.0 cubic ft. (w/ iNuke 3000DSP) boxes would be a noticeable upgrade in deep extension for movies and games?

Thanks in advance! :)

·
HTS Moderator , Reviewer
3,381 Posts
What are the MFW's tuned for? Aren't they mid-teens already? If so, with room gain you may already be getting solid output into the lower teens.

A sealed configuration - when properly designed and with the correct DSP - can do what you want, so if it turns out the MFW's aren't hitting low enough your alternative sounds like a viable option.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I currently have two mfw-15 turbo'd subs in a small room (not sure on square footage of room, but not big), they are co-located at opposite ends of the room, I have them tuned in well and calibrated and they do sound very good. But here's the thing, I am trying to reach about 12hz usable output and am wondering if selling the Turbo'd MFW's to go to dual SI 18" 4.0 cubic ft. (w/ iNuke 3000DSP) boxes would be a noticeable upgrade in deep extension for movies and games?

Thanks in advance! :)
What's a turbo'd sub?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts