Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I should know this by now, but when I use a mic cal file does REW automatically adjust the measured response accordingly? For example, in the plot below, does the sub measurement include a compensation for the rolloff of the ECM-8000, or should the mic rolloff be subtracted from the measurement?

The mic cal in this plot is the generic ECM-8000 from here, but I have a calibrated ECM-8000 on order from Cross-Spectrum, since I want to zero in a little better on my BFD settings.

Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,514 Posts
when I use a mic cal file does REW automatically adjust the measured response accordingly?
That's the purpose of loading a calibration file...

The mic cal in this plot is the generic ECM-8000 from here, but I have a calibrated ECM-8000 on order from Cross-Spectrum
When you receive the calibration file from Cross Spectrum, you'll load that file into REW to use with the mic it was created for rather than the generic one.

brucek

·
Premium Member
2,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I must be doing something wrong, then. If I clear the mic cal file, the subwoofer FR plot looks the same. What am I missing?

·
Registered
7,514 Posts
I must be doing something wrong, then. If I clear the mic cal file, the subwoofer FR plot looks the same. What am I missing?
You didn't APPLY the changes.

Click the IR Windows icon (in the top right corner of REW).

Click Apply Windows.

This is required since the soundcard calibration and mic calibration files are not included in the impulse response. You need to apply the file change to the frequency response graph as I indicate above.

brucek

·
Premium Member
2,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK, thanks. That is the step I missed. I remember doing that when I first loaded REW, but I re-installed the OS on the laptop since then and forgot to add that step.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts