1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
452 Posts
You're already at an advantage if your TV has a glass screen. I say that because some LCD sets have a plastic screen that's much more subject to scratching. That said, it's still a good idea to clean sparingly and not too often. I first use canned air to blow off dust which may have some grit content to it. Be sure the can is half full so you don't spray any liquid on the screen!!!! After that, I brush with a clean soft camel hair brush if needed. If there are any residues or fingerprints, I finish with a cleaning solution and, as you mentioned, a microfiber cloth for drying. For the cleaning solution, I use 80% Windex (old formula Windex), and 20% ethyl alcohol (Everclear), and lightly spray it on. Some folks have a problem with ammonia in the Windex, but as long as you dry it all off the screen in short order, it won't harm glass at all. There are a lot of other cleaning solution formulas out there but stay away from any which leave residues.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the details. I did a search and found the micro fiber cloth that had the most stars with least negative comments. Apparently nothing satisfies everybody! :)

Let me see if it does the job. Thanks. :)

·
Registered
57 Posts
I'm not sure there's a huge difference between microfiber cloths. I got mine at either a hardware store or a discount store. Don't really remember.

I'm pretty conservative with how I clean my plasma TV. I have three levels that I escalate through as needed.

1. Dry wipe with mf cloth, elbow grease where needed
2. MF cloth moistened with distilled water, good for cleaning sneezes :)
3. For greasy fingerprints, I use a MF cloth moistened with a weak solution of dish soap and water. May follow up with distilled water also,

I haven't needed anything more than these and they are all safe for the coating on the screen.

Jim

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your steps. I appreciate it. I have a few fingerprints on the side of the LED..

I ordered some micofiber from amazon.. should arrive soon and try it out. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts