Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

minDSP UMIK-1 MIC-A-MONTH Giveaway

37K views 132 replies 49 participants last post by  marcstpierre 
#1 ·
This is the: minDSP UMIK-1 MIC-A-MONTH Giveaway

Want to win 1 of 10 UMIK-1 Microphones from miniDSP that will be given away each month for the next 10 months?

Click here to learn more about the miniDSP UMIK-1

The qualifications are pretty simple...
  • Qualification Period is from October 1, 2013 to July 31, 2014... 10 full months.
  • Make 25 posts in the forums anytime during the qualification period ... remember no post padding.
    NOTE: This means you have to make 25 "new" posts in the forums during the qualification period, which is between October 1, 2013 and July 31, 2014.
    You ARE NOT qualified until you make those new posts between 10/1/13 and 7/31/14... so do not post in the qualification thread UNTIL you have made those posts and have qualified.
  • Post in the Qualification Thread that you would like to be entered into the giveaway.
The first of each month, beginning November 2013 and continuing through August 2014, we will draw a winner. You will receive a coupon code from HTS that will allow you to order a UMIK-1 at no cost to you.

You only have to qualify ONCE! If you do not win a UMIK-1 the first month after you have entered the giveaway, your name will remain in the drawing each month... and will only be removed if you win a mic.

BUT WAIT!

Because miniDSP really appreciates all the support they have received from HTS and its members, there will be TWO drawings per month instead of ONE... therefore you could win 1 of 20 UMIK-1 microphones over the next 10 months!!!

There are no restrictions on shipping... anyone can qualify!

Good luck!

As we always say... thanks for being a member at Home Theater Shack!!!

*This giveaway does not count against you as a giveaway win. Any member winning a giveaway valued at more than $100 will not be eligible for another giveaway within six months of winning a previous giveaway.

See less See more
#62 ·
Congrats guys. You'll love it. I broke down and bought one from CS. Guess I should pull myself from the contest, huh?

#63 ·
Are the winners of a mic (or any other prize for that matter) still equally eligible to win another (bigger) prize ?
Or is there a spread the wealth factor in the random number generator ?
I only sign up for the giveaways that would improve my system or be an a equal replacement for something I have and allow a flow down to a needy family member so I don't think greed is the driver for this question.
My interest in winning a mic would be for playing with the REW but it would be more of a learning exercise than something I think I need.
Just curious what the policy of winning multiple prizes is.

#64 ·
Probably best to just quote from the rules:

From time to time we may offer giveaways (products or cash) for members in the forum to participate by meeting certain qualifications in order to enter the giveaway drawing. There will never be any purchase required or monetary requirement in order to enter the giveaways. We do not participate in raffles or lotteries of any kind. Any member winning a giveaway valued at more than $100 will not be eligible for another giveaway within six months of winning a previous giveaway. The most common qualification for giveaways will be a certain number of posts required in order to enter the giveaway. As part of our normal rules we do not allow post padding, which is numerous one-liner non-sense posts with little meaning with the intent to get your post count up. For giveaway qualifications, posts must contain at least 25 words or more to count. If we make the determination that a member is post padding to qualify for a giveaway, we have the right to disqualify that member from the giveaway. Giveaways are also for members who actively participate in our forums. If we determine that you are only participating for the giveaways, we may disqualify you without notification. Giveaway rules and qualifications are subject to change at the discretion of the Home Theater Shack owners.

#82 ·
I just sent an email to Tony. I did forward the info for the two February winners, but it may have gotten lost in the ocean between here and there.

Someone will need to make sure Tony gets the info for the two April winners and the info for the two May winners (whoever they will be) to Tony as well.

#87 ·
Congrats guys!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.