Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Moderators please redirect this post if misplaced :cop: . I found miniDSP discussions elsewhere on the site, but this forum looked the most relevant to me. Thanks!

From what I can tell, Wayne reviewed the miniDSP DDRC-22D Dirac Live here, and the miniDSP nanoAVR HD here. Thanks, Wayne, for your insights and significant time you invested in those reviews. It would seem that all miniDSP analog/digital, stereo/multichanneL, and Dirac-Live bases have been covered; but I just became aware of the miniDSP nanoAVR DL (see link below). Is anyone aware of an upcoming review for that model? Did I miss some member feedback somewhere?

I've studied :reading: miniDSP's home theater models here using the comparison table and technical literature., and have a few questions for the collective:

:scratch:
  1. Would you consider the HD model more flexible and feature-rich, while the DL model more plug-n-play?
  2. Can you provide details explaining the pros/cons of the DL model's lack of bass management?
  3. Would you consider the HD model's 96kHZ over the DL model's 48kHz internal sampling rate superior for music listening?
  4. If your answer to the question immediately above was "no," then why would miniDSP bother to engineer it that way?
  5. There's a small footnote under the UMIK-1 picture that reads "* UMIK-1 required for nanoAVR DL, optional for nanoAVR HD." In the case of the HD version, do other options include non-USB mics?
:scratch:

TIA, BRL

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sincere thanks to you both, Kal and Flavio, for your answers. I think I understand the pros/cons between the two models much better now.

I know I should use the pounds of equipment and miles of cable I bought, change my couch-potato ways, and start learning REW in earnest to make best use of the HD model. Truth of the matter is, I spread myself too thin over some other hobbies. Along with my honey-do list, I'm in trouble when it comes to climbing the REW learning curve.

Even though I'll have to throw more money at the Dirac Live model, it'll be worth it to me because (a) I really need an easy HT solution right away, and (b) phase-correction benefits come along for the ride.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts