Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

561 - 580 of 887 Posts

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
I'm going to try my best to make this happen sooner rather than later, especially since I'm no longer selling the ECM8000.
Okay, commitment time.

I'll open up orders on the site sometime on Monday here (page not active yet), prices to be determined, but will be in the ballpark of the UMM-6. $5 discount for HTS. I'll hopefully be able to start shipping early next week as well, and be up to speed by the end of the week.

FYI, I only have 24 mics right now, as I mentioned earlier, I only get what MiniDSP can spare for the moment.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Doh, I almost ordered a Umik-1, glad I saw this thread. Does anyone know when the third generation will be available to order?
+1

I've returned mine and got PP credited. I haven't given up on the UMIK-1 yet and will probably order the next generation if its well received by others. I won't be the guinea pig.:)

·
Registered
151 Posts
Okay, commitment time.

I'll open up orders on the site sometime on Monday here (page not active yet), prices to be determined, but will be in the ballpark of the UMM-6. $5 discount for HTS. I'll hopefully be able to start shipping early next week as well, and be up to speed by the end of the week.

FYI, I only have 24 mics right now, as I mentioned earlier, I only get what MiniDSP can spare for the moment.
That's exciting news. I forgot to ask earlier, calibration will be same as for the UMM-6? 5Hz - 25kHz, etc., etc.?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Okay, commitment time.

Excellent!

Are you planning on keeping the sens info in the calibration file? Its not a game changer by any means, but it is nice to have (if accurate).

·
Registered
75 Posts
Okay, commitment time.

Would you be able to tell us the serial number range of the ones you have so we can determine which batch they came from?

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
That's exciting news. I forgot to ask earlier, calibration will be same as for the UMM-6? 5Hz - 25kHz, etc., etc.?
Yep. Basic+ level only thought, no sensitivity or polar measurements.

Are you planning on keeping the sens info in the calibration file? Its not a game changer by any means, but it is nice to have (if accurate).
Short answer is "no." I'm not measuring sensitivity on my own because I'm still not convinced I can do it accurately (I get different results depending on OS, I'm not convinced I know what the Window control panel volume setting does, etc). With the phantom-powered ECM8000 and EMM-6, I can hook the mic to a known accurate sound level meter or voltmeter and determine the exact output voltage per input pressure and that gives me a canonical value I can trust. I don't have that option with USB mics and rather than delivering a number I'm not confident in, I'd rather not do it at all.

I could take the factory number and put it in the file, but I'm afraid that while it might work for REW, other programs that don't recognize that number might freak out and leave me to deal with support emails/phone calls. For that reason, I'm just going to punt. Sorry.

Would you be able to tell us the serial number range of the ones you have so we can determine which batch they came from?
Looks like the serial numbers of the units I have are in the 700-05xx range. The rep said that this was a new revision that addressed the noise floor issue (I have not confirmed).

·
Registered
75 Posts
Thanks for all the responses! I just got my refund and will try to grab one from you on Monday.

I would say if you want the sensitivity data, just download the original minidsp file and cut and paste into the new file, trying to match up the frequency as much as possible.

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
Link is still not working. Am I missing something?
Try clearing your browser cache and reloading the page. I know it's working because this is the only place I've linked the page and I have a bunch of orders already (but only a few have left your HTS username, don't forget to leave it for your discount).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ok. Couldn't get the link to work in HTS iOS app, but through the Internet browser it worked and I got one ordered. Thanks Anechoic.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've spent a little time getting around to this and was looking at the UMM-6.... but the UMIK looks like the go. Order placed & thank you for providing the additional calibration mate. Very much appreciated & can't wait to get system sorted again (moved from carpeted apartment to wooden floor house.... lol).

·
Registered
1 Posts
Best Output Option

I just purchased a UMIC-1 microphone from the CSL link. I am looking for the most accurate way to measure response, do I need hdmi output or would analog rca out or spdif output from my soundcard work just as well?

I have a delta audiophile 24/96 soundcard with dual rca analog output and input jacks. It also can output coax spdif.

Since, I have read that there is no way to calibrate soundcards when using usb mics I was leaning towrads purchasing a hdmi video card. So should I juist purchase a hdmi video card and use hdmi out or is it just as good to use the spdif or rca analog coax output on the audiophile?

Also, The microphone cable will be connected with a 32ft active usb extension cable from the pc.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Got mine today from CSL! Did a couple measurements. The sensitivity thing is throwing me off a little. Factory cal file says -8.4 dB. CSL cal file does not include. Input signal is well below the output signal when setting levels. SPL cal was done with a RS meter and afterwards says max SPL is 105 dB. Mic is supposed to be good to 130 dB so I'm thinking I need to add the factory sensitivity to the cal file?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Got mine today from CSL!
Did you receive an email for shipping and how many days did it take from the time you ordered? I just ask because it was said that supply was limited and wondering if I will get mine any time soon.

Also, how about some screen shots of the calibration files to compare against.

I understand that for now the Sensitivity data will not accompany the CSL cal. file due to issues with potential conflicts of other accoustic analysis software and some other details. So, SPL should just be calibrated as you did with your RS meter against REW's SPL software meter

·
Registered
8 Posts
Did you receive an email for shipping and how many days did it take from the time you ordered? I just ask because it was said that supply was limited and wondering if I will get mine any time soon.
Hi mate, mine was posted the day after I ordered (and I'm in Aus but having it delivered to CA). Estimated delivery is the 17th :)

561 - 580 of 887 Posts