Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

Missing distortion measurements

2K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  wdrsecco 
#1 ·
When I perform a sine sweep measurement and select the distortion display the measurements of distortion (% or dBr of the harmonics or THD) are often not displayed in the lower panel. The attached screen shot shows this situation. Sometimes the measurements appear, sometimes they don't. I believe I have saved files where the distortion measurements were being displayed as % or dBr, but on opening the file again later they are not shown. As far as I can see this is a whim of the system (REW V5,19 JRE 1.80_162 32-bit on Windows XP), or did I do something wrong??

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Thanks, now I understand: it's the cursor position for which readings in the graph legend (= "panel" in my question) are shown.

I had looked in the REW V5.19 HELP (PDF) first but could not find this instruction. To counter my misunderstanding you might care to add this information in the paragraph on p.99 starting "The Distortion figures control..."

I have now found the hint that the cursor was set to 1kHz in the Distortion Example of a soundcard loopback measurement (pp. 99-100 PDF HELP), but curiously (for me) the cursor is not visible: there is no little box at the bottom of the cursor showing the selected frequency (1kHz), which is what always seems to happen with my settings.

#5 ·
I'm sorry your time was occupied with a misunderstanding: It is YOUR example in the HELP file which has no cursor. After I learned that I need to place the cursor in the graph to obtain the distortion measurements I was puzzled that your example could show distortion measurements but apparently WITHOUT the cursor. There may be little benefit for anyone in clarifying this discrepancy!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.