Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Didn't watch it in cinema but watched Blu-Ray version last night in 5.1 settings and it was good. Found myself reaching for AVR remote to tame audio volume too often. On average audio volume between -30dB to - 35dB is suitable for comfortable listening of BD content (depends on BD manufacturer) but this one was blasting at -35dB. On audio side I will play it again on my own (and try to hide remote) to enjoy what is on offer for hearing senses. Agreed about "Ghost Protocol" and this one is not far behind.

Thank you for your review.
Cheers from Australia
Zoran

·
Registered
868 Posts
I will be watching this on Friday evening, and have been looking forward to it. I of course saw Ghost Protocol when it hit blu ray, but don't remember the details as it was a few years ago. Would it be important to review Ghost Protocol before watching this one, or are the events of Ghost Protocol not important to understanding the plot in Rogue Nation?

·
Premium Member
5,817 Posts
I watched part of it last night... I wish it didn't have as much grain as it did (I think I am spoiled by movies that are crystal clear, and grain free).

·
Registered
33 Posts
Watched it last night as well. Loved the soundtrack, an Opera fan or not, that was a great treat!
I did notice the grain as well, kinda like the last Transformer movie, it was in and out.

5.1 with dual subs, it was engineered well...all you Atmos guys, listen to the "wind" of the chopper blades as it let's Ving Rhames out...kinda cool, not just the beat of the blades but the constant rush of air those blades are producing.

I enjoyed the movie and the girl... :devil:

·
HTS Moderator , Reviewer
5,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I will be watching this on Friday evening, and have been looking forward to it. I of course saw Ghost Protocol when it hit blu ray, but don't remember the details as it was a few years ago. Would it be important to review Ghost Protocol before watching this one, or are the events of Ghost Protocol not important to understanding the plot in Rogue Nation?
the only thing you need to know about Ghost Protocol is the fact that Jeremy Renner's character is on board. other than that they are self contained stories

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Got my steel book copy from Best Buy and gonna fire it up when the wife gets home. Looking forward to it!

Text Fictional character Fiction Technology Novel

·
HTS Moderator , Reviewer
5,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Watched it and loved it! Stellar audio and now has me thinking of upgrading to Atmos.
I recommend it. I was REAL skeptical how it would sound in my home, but 4 speakers later and a new receiver and I'm a convert. the level of immersion is just that much better and I adore it

·
Registered
91 Posts
Hi Jeff

It might become the most expensive movie you ever watched ( after going for Atmos upgrade).

Cheers from Australia.
Zoran

·
Registered
868 Posts
the only thing you need to know about Ghost Protocol is the fact that Jeremy Renner's character is on board. other than that they are self contained stories
Hi Bryan

I don't think that "Ghost protocol" should be previewed They are two different stories.

Cheers
Zoran
Well, I watched Ghost Protocol last night anyway, just because. It's a little off-topic here, but let's just say that I don't regret it, regardless of the release of Rogue Nation. :hsd:

·
Banned
4,557 Posts
Watched it tonight - great flick! Sound was excellent and Atmos was indeed perfectly executed. The picture quality variability was certainly noticeable, but I kind of like some softness every now and again --- reminds me of the good old days. ;-)

Look forward to the next MI installment!

·
Registered
899 Posts
This is by far the best MI flick since Tom Cruise started making these from a story perspective. I really enjoyed this one putting it up there with the movie "Red" The bass was there but it wasn't over powering like it was in Antman. Surround use was very good. I purchased the set figuring an additional $15 is a pretty sweet deal to upgrade my collection with bluray copies of these flicks.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts