Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a VS-45609 that was given to me. The picture is entirely red, with some pincushion effects especially on the left side. The green and blue are only a vertical green line and vertical blue line in the center of the set. I can't adjust convergence. I already replaced the Convergence IC assuming it would fix the problem, but the picture is exactly the same as before. I checked all the fuses with the ohm meter and they seem to be good. I also looked for any burn marks, resistors that looked visibly bad, cracked solder, etc. and have not seen anything noteworthy yet. I found a post online to get a blinking error code from the set, but mine returns 1-2 meaning no error.

I am a DIYer, without much experience in this area. Is the next step to put the ohm meter on all the resistors in the IC circuit?

( I have previously fixed a Toshiba projection TV that is my own by replacing the ICs, so this is my 2nd repair attempt.)

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
This sounds like a more complex problem than suitable for a DIYer with little troubleshooting experience.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts