Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my tv has half a picture that is HD clear and the other half is sort of thermal but its directly down the middle of the picture.??

:foottap::dontknow:

Any ideas on what this is? i was told it might be the engine??

Thanks

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
This is not a very clear description. Are you saying that the symptom is intermittent related to temperature? Can you post an image?

You created duplicate threads here. The other one was deleted.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay thanks, no this is not weather related my constant picture is half the screen is HD clear on the left a perfect picture and the right side is like thermal wavy looking almost how the preditor saw people in the movie with arnold s.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also as you know this is a 2 tuner tv and both tuners act the same way and it's only 3 years old 2200.00 dollars later this happens.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Could be a light engine, could be in the chassis. Usually when you get a symtom that splits the pix like this it is either PIP related or the engine. Post an image.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
do you know if thats expensive if its the light engine? and i will take a pic and post tomorrow. thanks

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
it's only 3 years old 2200.00 dollars later this happens.
What does this mean? Have you already put money into repairing it? How long has it been going on? Could you phrase your questions and information more clearly? It is very dificult to provide help when detailed information is not provided in a clear and consise manner. This is not text messaging. We generally try to communicate in complete sentences with reasonable grammar.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
do you know if thats expensive if its the light engine? and i will take a pic and post tomorrow. thanks

Yes, the light engine is likely very expensive, but you may be able to get some relief from Mitsubishi if this is the problem. They have been accomodating to clients with catastrophic failures in sets this age in the past. You will need to have the unit evaluated by an Authorized Service Center and get an estimate, along with collecting all of your purchase documents if you intend to pursue anything with Mitsubishi.

Where are you located? Where was the unit purchased?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I understand you now, i have have not invested any money into the repair process. I was only stating how much i paid for the tv. I was being a little sarcastic...about the price and then 3 years later having this issue. It has only been a few months since this occured.

I do appreciate your help, however if you think i'm being dumb or somethiong dont help! :unbelievable:

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
You will not be told that you are dumb nor any other insult here. We don't do things that way at the Shack and such behavior would never be tolerated. If we can help, and know what it takes to do so, we will be happy to do so.

There is nothing wrong with a little sarcasm, but you have to communicate in a manner that is clear if you want to maximize the help that you get. Hopefully, you gain something of value from your time here, and can contribute to others as well.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Your opinion..I did have a warrenty and the electronic expo dealer in nj. He sent a technician out and after that decided to give me 1000.00 dollars towards a new tv, they had a 60 inch version which i took and he also said he would let me keep the other 52 inch tv. Should i have it repaired at this point? Would you get it fixed.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
I would determine what is wrong with it first. Did you get a hard diagnosis from them? Are they Mitsubishi authorized? You are giving bits and pieces of info and it is impossible to conclude much without all of the details.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
1. Yes it was an Mitsubishi authorized tech, the store electronic expo in woodbridge NJ sent out the tech. He did not give me an exact diagnosis. But what he reported to the store made them decide to give me 2 options. 1. repair the 52 inch tv, 2. get a 1000.00store credit towards something else. I choice the 60 inch mit with only one tuner. That is that part i am upset about, i really wanted to 2 tuner TV, but i was not certain i wanted to get the one i owned repaired. But, now i have the option to pay for it on my own. So i'm asking you the question, would you get it fixed?

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
And I am telling you that I cannot answer the question without a firm diagnosis of the problem and more info. If it is a light engine, I would try to get Mits to come up with some help and maybe it will make sense to fix it if they do. It could also be something inexpensive to deal with, or a chassis that needs a rebuild.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts