Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm the guy that replaced the convergence IC's and had one fuse blow (5 amp pico fuse). Suspecting bad parts I bought new IC's from a recommended vendor (and fuses) and I replaced everything and it worked the first day...but when I turned it on the next day...poof...a different fuse had blown. I checked the resistance of every resistor I could find related to the + and - 24 volt circuits and also the convergence circuits. Everything checked fine. I replaced the blown fuse and everything has been working fine the past 3 days. I know stray trons are hard to track down. Just wondering if anyone had had similiar experiences. I bought all the manuals but as you know their troubleshooting is minimal. This is the best website I've ever seen for corporate knowledge and sharing individual experiences. Cheers, Utah

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Check the caps in the power supply for the convergence circuits. An ESR meter is a start, a scope may be required. Not every problem is a convergence IC or resistor. If the fuse is blowing on the + supply, you may also have an intermittent problem in the vertical output. IIRC, it supplies the vertical output as well as the convergence output circuits.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts