Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
The first thing to do is to diagnose the peoblem and not assume that you have bad output ICs. My guess is that if you got is to work by moving things around, you simply have a bad solder connection. This is the most common problem on these sets. Look for bad connections at the output ICs and look for a blown pico fuse. In the power supply secondary.

Frankly, if you can manage to ground the hot side of the a.c. to your set, you are not a good candidate for a DIY repair and I would have a qualified repair tech look at it. If you decide to work on the set yourself, read the information in Sam Goldwasser's FAQ regarding safety at

http://repairfaq.ece.drexel.edu/sam/tshoot.htm#tshgsc

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
I strongly suggest ordering only from the recommended suppliers that you can find in the sticky thread that I created. There are many cheap copies of these chips that have given many folks problems. When you say you checked the fuses, did you check the pico fuses or just the glass fuses?

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
When you get menus, you have vertical deflection. Are they distorted in any way?

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Odd. Could be something shorted on the input board pulling a supply down. I would have to look at the schematic. Considering the faux pas with the a.c., that would be a good guess. You could have blown anything from a buffer transistor to the switching chip.

The terminal board is not very expensive and hardly worth trying to fix. Part number 935C957001, $70.90 + $25 core.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Mitsubishi parts are only available from them directly unless they are common components. You have to get circuit boards from them or through an ASC or dealer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts