Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have done everything in your 10 stickys before attempting to solve my problem. The firts attempt I bought bad parts and blew a fuse when I replaced the IC's on my mits 55857...I then used one of your vendors...Acme...in Orlando...awesome service and I strongly recommend them. I replaced the IC's again and the pico fuse that had blown and my TV worked magnificently...I used the auto (factory default) convergence and the picture was beautiful! I was amazed myself and my family was dumbfounded. However, after we went for a walk on the beach after our Thanksgiving gorgefest I went to turn the TV on and now I have the dreaded 2-3 second on and off power on problem. I assume I have another blown fuse or something. However ... it worked flawlessly for 5 hours yesterday...and today...nadda! Do you have any suggestions other than the 10 pages of stickys? I read all 292 posts and am amazed at the content you have amassed. I have never checked my resistors or my power supplies (+ or - 24 volts). I'm assuming that if I find the back fuse that I can replace it and it'll work for awhile and my problem will again return. Thanks in advance for such a professional webinfo site! Cheers and Happy Turkey Day! Utah

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Your post was moved to the Mitsubishi forum to maintain organization and to make information easier to find. Please start a new thread for each problem and post them in the proper location. Long threads make it very difficult to sort out problems and information becomes far less accessible to others in the future.

If you did not check the resistors and power supplies you did not do what the sticky suggested. This is very important if you want to make a reliable repair. Beyond that, you may have a power supply problem. I would also check the filter caps in the secondary of the power supply that provides power to the convergence circuits.

There are other problems that can cause shutdown as well, but would require troubleshooting to sort out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts