Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I am new to forums and have a question that I am hoping someone can answer. My Mitsubishi WS-65819 projection TV has a problem where the picture is fine for a while then all of a sudden it gets shadowing on the edges but is fine in the middle, after a while of this the screen then gets little horizontal lines all through it. I cleaned off the lenses, vacumed out the inside as well to make sure it was not over heating. Not sure what the issue may be. Any help would be great! Thanks in advance.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks a bunch for the wealth of information. It is an awesome resource!
Here is an odd thing. So I took the back off and simply vacumed everything out again, of course I unplugged the set before doing this all. After doing so I put the back on again plugged it back in and have not had any problem with it since. But the odd thing is that I had just vacumed all dust out about a month ago so it was not very dirty. So maybe it was just simply having it unplugged? What are your thoughts?

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
The dust is irrelevant. You likely have a bad solder connection on the output IC. Fix that now and you may not need to change the chip. Keep running it and you will do more damage.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts