Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently had convergence problems so I replaced the two IC's that were in question. I have read many posts here as a new user and found one of my pico fuses also to be open now. Would one blown fuse give me this 3 second power on/off problem and could I have gotten bad parts or possibly just a bad repair job on my part? I'm wondering if I should order all new IC's and fuses and start over? This is my first attempt at repairing this TV I bought in Nov 2000. Any help is appreciated. Utah

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Please look at the forum structure. Your post was moved to the Mitsubishi specific forum to maintain forum organization.

Read the first ten posts of the convergence sticky very carefully:

http://www.hometheatershack.com/for.../5600-crt-based-rptv-convergence-repairs.html

Running a set with an open supply fuse can certainly damage the ICs. There is only one way to know, and that is to try them with good fuses. If the set blows fuses, pull the chips, replace the fuses again and try it. It should run without the chips. It may or may not with a blown fuse, depending on which is open. Be sure to buy your parts from the recommended suppliers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts