Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week my lightly used Mitsubishi VS-45607 RPTV stopped working with no warning. After searching this site extensively, I have not located a post that is identical to my problem, so here goes.....

Power comes on, but no picture or sound
Self Diag test 1-2
Inspected boards for coolant leakage...negative
no blown fuses
no obvious capacitor swelling

Tips on troubleshooting/likely components to replace are appreciated

Thanks!

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Check the regulation of the low voltage supplies, ESR test the capacitors on those regulators, lots of other things that a tech would look for, but the details of troubleshooting are beyond the scope of this forum. If you are not familiar with troubleshooting techniques, these sets can be difficult. I suggest you look for an experienced tech if you don't have a routine problem like a convergence amp failure.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Due to the cost of an in-home tech repair, it's either fix it myself, or scrap the set. So, please bear with me here......

Given my set's symptoms, and based upon your experience, please list (in descending order) the top 5 likely component failures and parts replaced. I know it's not the optimum approach, but I would much appreciate you assistance. Thanks

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
I don't know the answer to your question. That is not how we reapir sets. We evaluated them, troubleshoot to find the problem, and that is how we determine which part is needed. In some cases, like convergence output ICs, there are clear symptom-repair relationships that can be related, as we have done here for many problems. In a case like this, you have to do some troubleshooting. I could name 50 parts that could cause your symptom. If you would like step by step troubleshooting assistance, contact me by email. I cannot, however, provide that kind of assistance on the forum, nor can I do it for free.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts