Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I have a WD 57833 that is around one year old.
I bought my son and Xbox 360 for Christmas and have noticed that the menu's on the Xbox have moderate pincushion.

I have the system setup as follows:
TV:
HDMI input 3- named as Game

Xbox 360 - Set to 1080p

Has anyone else had a similar issue regarding Keystone/Pincushion?

I have found on the web how to access the service calibration menu on the TV and did a keystone adjustment. This seemed to help on the tv when viewing Directv, but has no effect on the Xbox menus.

From what I can determine you can't make a keystone adjustment to and input name "PC or Game"
Is this true?

Also can someone kindly provide me a list of the default values in the service menu?

If anyone has any suggestions that I might try to correct the Xbox keystone I would be most appreciative.

Thanks in advance.

Greg Williams

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
What "default values" are you looking for? Some parameters are the same in all sets, but many are not. For those that are not, they are different for each set. You can restore the data from backup if you messed something up.

You are correct, the PC input does not allow the electronic geometry adjustment. This is because it is done using interpolation of pixels and it destroys fine detail, so a PC image would likely be very compromised. You are stuck with the mechanical manippulations.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply and sorry for my delayed response.

The values that I think that I may have messed up is the value listed for 1HPOS and the unnamed value listed under it. I need 2 values.

I loaded the values from backup and both were 0. I don't recall that being the initial value.

Thanks for your help and patience.

Greg Williams

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
HPOS is horizontal position. It should be close to zero. You adjust it so that the image is centered horizontally on the screen. Any test pattern or image that gives you a reference is fine. You can even use a 4:3 image and adjust the side bars to be the same size. Usually you end up within a few digits from zero.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts