Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wrote up a nice detailed thread with links to what I was referring to, but i cant post links until 5 posts :nono: oh well....

So anyway, i'm trying to justify the $300 price difference between the Mitsubishi WD-73737 and the WD-73837

The 73873 has 3 upgrades:

-Dark Detailer
-Perfect Tint
-Deep Field Imager

Does anyone here have experience with either/both of these TV's and have any input whether or not these features are worth the $$ or are just marketing hype?

Thank you in advance,

-Andrew

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
very good points in that the calibrators would probably shut off those features. It sounds like i could save the money, perform a good calibration, and get the same basic results.

do you have any experience with calibration systems? are there DVD's out there that are reputable?

thank you again,

-Andrew

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thank you all again.

spartanstew, thank you for sharing your experience with this TV, I may as well save the extra money.

I have a 5 year old samsung DLP upstairs now that i'm still very happy with....so i'm sure this will still be an improvement.

my $300 could EASILY be spent elsewhere :)

these home theater projects add up quick!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
did the DVE-BD improve the picture drastically, or only to the degree that someone with a trained eye would notice?

i've never calibrated a TV before, but should probably look into it.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thank you for your reply. sorry i didn't reply earlier...i didn't get an email alert that i had a reply.

i will try the 5 basic steps, but maybe bring in someone experienced if i feel i'm not getting the most from the picture.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts