Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I purchased the Mitsubishi WD 52525 tv back in 2005 and I, too am now a victim of the blinking green light. The repair shop says I need to have the chassi replaced. I have already contacted Mitsubishi with helping with the cost of the expensive repair. My question is after the chassi is replaced, should I be expecting more service problems with the tv or will the tv be in good shape after the chassi is replaced?
Thanks

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Your thread was moved to the proper forum to maintain organization and to make information easier to find for future users.

Mitsubishi has been replacing well over 100 parts in these chassis when they rebuild them, then testing the boards thoroughly. We have not had any problems with a rebuilt chassis from them since they started the extensive rebuild process. Other than the caps that go bad, the sets have actually been very reliable. My guess is that you should get a few more years out of it, but one never knows.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello,
I am now having yet another issue with this same Mitsubishi DLP 52inch tv. Mitsubishi replaced the chassi back in June but now the while I am watching tv, the tv wil go to a blue screen and turn off. What could be causing this? Should I get this replaced or get rid of the tv?

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Contact Mitsubishi customer relations and report the problem, along with the history. They have a 1 year warranty on the chassis, IIRC, and they have replaced sets for some clients with repeat problems after a rebuilt chassis. At the very least, they will likely offer you a deal on a new set. Some of the offers that I have heard about have been quite generous.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts