Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my name is Steven and I stumbled across a thread regarding a Mitsubishi ws 55313 that won't power on. I haven't seen my exact issue, so I'm making a new post. Sorry if I overlooked an existing one with my exact issue. The TV had error code 22, and I have already replaced the convergence ic chips and the two pico fuses. The kit I ordered also had blue resistors in it, but none of my board's resistors were bad. I replaced everything and the TV still will not lower on. It is my girlfriend's dad's TV, and I'm trying to save it because he loves it to death, but I've hit a wall. It clicks once, then you can hear it lose power. Before the operation, it clicked on, then clicked off. Same thing, but with two clicks. It's just one now. Thanks in advance.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Same error code before and after the repair attempt?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bump. Update. Girlfriend's dad ended up buying a new tv. He did say, however, that there was a guy there at hhgregg who worked on tvs and had a similar model. He mentioned something about a safety switch of some sort? He said if it's not a physical switch, it could be as simple as needing to put every single screw back in and trying to power it on then. Does that sound accurate? I did some digging on the web and can't find anything on it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Bump. Update. Girlfriend's dad ended up buying a new tv. He did say, however, that there was a guy there at hhgregg who worked on tvs and had a similar model. He mentioned something about a safety switch of some sort? He said if it's not a physical switch, it could be as simple as needing to put every single screw back in and trying to power it on then. Does that sound accurate? I did some digging on the web and can't find anything on it.
Did you try that? I'm having similar issues with my Mitsubishi. I took a look and I didn't see anything that would resemble any kind of switches. From what I can tell, all of the screws go into either wood or plastic and I didn't see anything that would trigger shut down.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Did you try that? I'm having similar issues with my Mitsubishi. I took a look and I didn't see anything that would resemble any kind of switches. From what I can tell, all of the screws go into either wood or plastic and I didn't see anything that would trigger shut down.
I haven't yet. They live about 30 minutes away from me and I haven't been able to get out there. It's worth a shot though. Will update when I do.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I wouldn't travel to put the back on as I don't think that is the problem. Your probably in the same boat as me and need to start going through circuits with a voltage meter (see the thread I posted).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts