Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Mitsubishi WS 55413 and am trying to remove the PCB on the right. I have it all unhooked except for the white wire attached to the flyback transformer. It has a rubber collar around where the wire comes into the Flyback and it doesn't pop off with a firm pull. I don't want to just yank on it for obvious reasons. My question is how do you disconnect it, so you can get the board out? Will it unplug if I pull hard enough or do I have to cut the wire and solder it back together when I'm done working on the board? Thanks in advance for any help offered.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No result yet, Mechman. I've resisted the temptation to pull, hoping to get the answer from someone with more experience. Given what I know, that should be a pretty big pool! Hahahaha

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Your post has been moved to a more appropriate location to make information easier to find and to make it more likely that others who are interested will find your post.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
It may not come out. I don't recall ever having to change a FBT in one of those. Why do you need to remove it? Can you not remove it from the CRT board?

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
There is no need to pull the board in most cases. Th whole chassis just slides out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I get that part, but if you don't pull the board, how can you desolder the bad parts and resolder the new?

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Take the chassis out completely, turn it on its side, and you can get to all but a few solder joints that are behind the supports on the frame. You can even run it to test with the chassis out of the set.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts