Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening,

I have the above mentioned tv and it has the dreaded blinking green light of doom that causes the tv to power on for 3 seconds then shut down. I have searched the forums as well as did an error check and came up with a 2-2. Thats a short i'm aware but the service manual did nothing and I do mean nothing to help me solve my quandry. Please help steer me in the right direction. I have looked at the convergence board and seen nothing. I have also looked for the fictional fuses that are listed in the inside of the television and seen nada. I am gonna take a sledge to this thing i swear!!! Any help is greatly appreciated

Thanks
~muse

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Your thread was moved to the Mitsubishi forum to maintain organization and to make information easier to find.

As you found in your searching, a 2-2 code is often a convergence problem in these sets. The fuses are not ficticious. I suggest that if you want to try to DIY you read the convergence repair sticky (first ten posts) very carefully and follow that guidance. You should also obtain a service manual to help you find the fuses and points to do troubleshooting. If you are unable to identify the parts you may be better off finding a professional to repair your set who is experienced with these models. Not all problems are trivial symptom-repair fixes like convergence outputs.

There is guidance for finding the right shop as well as for DIY repairs in the stickies in the Service and Support forums.

http://www.hometheatershack.com/for.../5600-crt-based-rptv-convergence-repairs.html

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the Mitsubishi 65 inch set. I guess I have been lucky so far? I bought it in 2006, now it is starting to have a very dim picture. I have cranked the brightness all the way up and the picture is still too dark. Could I be starting to see the same problem? After reading this thread I am afraid to call a repair center!:huh:

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
You could have aging tubes or you could have many other problems. I don't see the similarity to the symptom mentioned in this thread. I suggest you start a new thread, describe as much about your symptoms as possible, including how it appears on different inputs, menus, different resolutions, etc. A thread with your symtom as the title will more likely attract the attention of someone with information that might be helpful.

Why are you afraid to call a repair shop? You will likely need some experienced troubleshooting for this kind of problem. If your tubes are aging, many of the better shops will have the equioment to try to restore them and at least get a little more useful life from them. If it is something else it is likely beyond the help you will get here, though it never hurts to check. Someone may have had a similar experience.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts