Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have a Mitsubishi WS-55807. When the power button on the TV or remote is pushed I hear a click, the green power button comes on for 2-3 seconds, then there is a click and the light goes back out. No image ever appears on the screen.

Anybody have a thought on what I can attempt repair? A good parts source. I am new to electronics repair.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Your thread has been moved to the Mitsubishi forum to maintain forum organization and to make information easier to find.

Press MENU and INPUT simultaneously for 5 seconds and note the two digit code flashing on the LED. This may help narrow the source of the problem.

The recommended source for parts will depend on the nature of the problem, which at this point is impossible to determine.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. I did not realize there were brand specific forums. I could have maybe researched the problem more thouroughly. I will check later today and post back the results.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a code 22. I will follow the threads you and others have posted to see if I can't find the exact problem. I was having random convergence issues lately also so I am thinking that was likely related. I will attempt to check the IC's, resistors and fuses. Keep your fingers crossed I don't fry myself. haha

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you Icaillo. I have read through that once but will read it probably a couple more times. Thanks for narrowing down the search a bit. I will post back what I find.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
If it has been unplugged for more than a few days, no. Otherwise, I would discharge any with voltage on them, carefully, using a resistance of about 100 ohms per volt.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, took the back off. I think I may be in over my head. I don't have a clue which board I should even be looking at. Is it possible to narrow this down at all or is there somewhere I can get the wiring diagrams to at least help? I could not make out a single IC that looked like it had a Sanyo part number on it but there are a lot of boards that are in some kind of metal enclosures also.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
They are covered by the heat sink clamps. If you are not confident, get a professional to service the set.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just a minor update. I ordered the repair kit from tvrepairkits.com I replaced the pico fuses. One was bad and I accidentally ruined the other but the kit had two so all is well there. None of the resistors appear to be bad so I am leaving those alone. Now I need to get a better solder sucker tonight and I am replacing the two IC's and then I just need to put it back together.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Got the IC's soldered in and the board back in. Connected all the wiring and got everything secured. Turned the tv on. Success! Thank you for you help here and thanks to tvrepairkits.com for the complete kit of parts and step by step instructions. Made it a relatively easy fix even for me.

Thanks again!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts