Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I have had the above referenced TV for 7 years. This morning when turning it on, we got no power. No green light, no clicking, no nothing. I changed the plugs, tried to get error codes, got no juice whatsoever.

Is this a fuse, or something cheap that can be fixed manually? I called around to soem repair people, they want $117 to come in the door $100 for the service call, and $350 to take the light box and fix it.

Is it even the light box?

Thanks for respnding to my post in advance.

Bob:huh:

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
The light box is the entire chassis and CRTs. It is removable to make many repairs and troubleshooting easier. Removing it to the shop allows more resources to be devoted to it to make a more efficient repair. $350 is likely a rather typical repair cost, but it varies with location and the nature of the problem.

Generally, when a set is completely dead, it is either a problem in the main power supply or in the standby supply or microprocessor area. It is unlikely that a fuse would blow without some other problem existing in the set.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the quick response.

So is the microprosser, power supply or Stand by you requested part of that std $350 cost? Or would there be additional $$$? IF so, since I already anm out $600 once the guy gets in the door, I am better off getting a new set at this point?

Thanks again,

Bob

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
How would I know what another servicer is going to include in his services? Ask the service provider what the possible costs may be. There is really no way for anyone to be specific until the set is evaluated. If I was doing it, the local service call rate would be $75 to estimate it, and the repairs could be anywhere from around $200 to not worth fixing, depending on what is found. My guess is that anything related to the microprocessor will be much more, if the parts are available. It could be just a dead regulator in the PS, however. No way to know until you get into it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.