Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im a newbie at this so please bare with me. When I power the tv the timer light stays on for three seconds then powers off. At this point no sound or picture. Tv presumes to be powered off. Before this problem occurred my tv had convergence problems. When it was running normal I dont recall seeing the timer light on unless you would activate it in the set up menu. Any ideas where to start? Pictures or schematics would be a great help. Thanks!:scratchhead:

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Start by getting the diagnostic two digit code by reading the flashing pattern on the LED after holding INPUT and MENU simultaneously for 5 seconds. The set has to be going into shutdown and not reset by unplugging it for this to report the shutdown error code.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Icaillo- thanks for replying. I did what you ask me to and I would assume the two digit code I got is 22. It starts off with 2 flashes, short pause , then another 2 flashes, and then a long pause. Then it starts all over again for about 4 times with the same sequence. Hope this helps you out.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
That is a low voltage on one of the supplies. Most common is a bad convergence IC pulling down one of its supply lines. Look for an open pico fuse and pull the convergence ICs and see if it runs.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Would there be some type of illustrations or tuturiols on the pico fuse and the convergence ICs for this model of tv or something similiar on the forum or any type of links that would get me started to see what im looking for. Any information would help before I open the back panel of my tv. I am technically inlcine but like I said im a newbie at this as far as language and part description for this type of electronic components. Appreciate it as I learn more from you on this forum.Thanks!

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Okay Icaillo, I ended up getting a service manual for my tv. Can you tell me where to start troubleshooting as far of what I have. Im guessing from what you posted about the convergence ICs im looking at the convergence circuit of the manual which is a drawing. Any advice or perhaps you may have a service manual as well.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Step by step troubleshooting help is beyond the scope of this forum. If you have specific questions, I will do my best to answer them. A great deal of work has gone into the stickies. Please read them carefully.

Generally, troubleshooting starts with checking power supplies.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey Icaillo,
I ended up removing the chassis along with the PCB's. Started off with the 9 fuses that came with it and did a continuity check on my FLUKE to each fuse and found 2 fuses with a open signal. The rest of the fuses checked good indicating a closed signal from my FLUKE. The 2 fuses tie together that are bad are on the PCB-POWER. One feeds SW -24V and the other SW +24 according to the drawing. Im assuming these are PICO fuses. The part number is 283P043090 and the name is FUSE- LF251,125V,5A. Do you have any suggestions where to buy these type of fuses. Thanks!

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
You can get them from B&D, or lots of other vendors. Those fuses feed the convergence amp ICs, so you likely need to change them.

Read the convergence repair sticky first 10 posts very carefully.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey Icaillo,
I finally got my parts for my tv and installed them. Powered the tv and everything went well. I had to activate the circuit adjustment mode on the tv via remote control and adjusted all the functions per data according for each value that is suppost to be set at to the service manual. My picture on hd & sd mode looks more better after I adjusted the data value for what it calls out for. I just want to thank you for your support and what a great forum to get information on your tv. This really saved me alot money. I guess for a beginner this wasnt to bad at all with the support of your forum. THANKS!

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
The numbers in the service manual are just a starting point. Each set is different and the adjustments should be optimized for your set.

Glad you got it working the way you want.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi primerff,

I have same problem you have and same model too. Can you tell where you buy FUSE and do you have to change anything else? When I count my FUSE, the total are 9 FUSE how many you have.

Thanks

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
The fuses that typically open are in the secondary of the power supply and are called pico fuses. They are usually found with labels with an F or Z.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts