Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a rear projection Mitsubishi ws-65313 that stopped working. 2 or 3 days before it went down the screen had some horizontal lines in the screen. When it completely stopped working, when I turn it on the green light comes on, stays on for about 2 seconds I hear a relay click on and off then nothing. No audio or video! I have made one repair. After some research I discovered error code 2-2 so I ordered a kit which had 2 convergence chips stk-xxxx, 2 pico chips 125v 5a, and 6- resistors 3.9Ωj. I changed both convergence chips. I only found one poco fuse that was bad and I also found a bad capacitor so went to radio shack and replaced it. I read that the resistors would be discolored 99% of the time if they were bad and did not see any discoloring so I didn't replace them. After this repair I powered it up and it, I hear the relay click and I'm also hearing another noise that's new, a real high pitched screech. Now when I checked the error code it now says 2-3 deflection protect? I don't know where to go from here? Does anyone have a solution or advice? Any help would be very appreciated! Thanks Jason

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Check all of the fuses and check for shorted output transistors and damper diodes.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts