Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I turned on my tv this morning and the picture was great, for about 3 minutes then it turned greenish. Then different colors starting flashing in and out. I read this forum (then joined). I tried holding down the menu and input buttons on the tv set but nothing came up. Any help would greatly be appreciated to try to figure out what is wrong. Thanks..

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
The diagnostics using the LED flashing is only for shutdown problems. You will need to troubleshoot the problem as this is not a simple symptom repair case. You will likely need a pro to do this. I would start by noting which inputs have the problem, which resolutions, which formats, whether menus are clear or affected, check PIP, etc. The more specific info you can provide here or to a pro, the more likely the advice you get will be useful and specific.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The longer I have watched it today, the picture is all green and blue. Every once in awhile the red tries to flash through the picture. Also sometimes a green line runs across the picture, vertically and horizonally. I know I'll probably have to call a repair man but I figured I would try here first. Or just buy another TV. But this one is only 3 years old. Thanks for the help.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Describe this creen line or post an image. How often does it show up?

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry for not answering back right away. My daughter got married in Key West and we were out of town. The green line flashes across the screen for a split second when the tv is first turned on until it warms up. then it doesn't do it anymore. There's a problem with the color. The only colors on the screen are green and blue. If you take the back off, the red light is on. It's just not projecting to the picture.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Sounds like the tubes are not balanced properly and the green line is likely from the auto bias circuit. Lots of potential causes for this including worn out tubes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts