Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, thank you for the time and energy you have put into this forum. Forgive me if the solution has been posted here, but I have attempted all the solutions that have been suggested, I think.

The set is a Mitsu WS 658707, Serial number 100074, May 2000 manufacture date.

I have the same symptoms that have been described in other posts. I have sound but no picture. I do have the on screen display for the menu. I do get the 1 2 error code. I have a blue screen on the dvd, game, and aux inputs. I have a blank screen on the component and on board tuner inputs.

If I go into the convergence menu, I have perfect convergence at all points.

I did not detect ANY coolant leaks on any of the boards. However, just in case, I did remove the signal board, scrub with reagant grade isopropyl alcohol, and followed up with the dishwasher wash and rinse cycle. No change.

I do not see any signs of corrosion on any of the boards.

All of the fuses show continuity. None are blown.

I did replace the convergence IC's a couple of years ago.

I do not know how to use an oscilloscope to troubleshoot the board. So I could be looking for a replacement board out of a defunct set, or someone to troubleshoot the board. I am so ignorant, can the board be diagnosed if out of the set?

Is there any other thing for me to check? Any likely culprits besides the ones already discussed.

Thank you for your help.

Richard

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
At this point, I'd be getting out the scope and tracing some signals...not much more to do if you can't troubleshoot it. I would not count on finding a good board for one of these.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for answering the question. I was afraid of that.

Hang in there with the Cubs. I have two Eagle scouts for sons, and did a five year tour of duty as the Scoutmaster. I learned as much as the boys did.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts