Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a Mitsubishi WS65869, When I turn it on The green light comes on then turns off after a couple of seconds. I have reset it and unplugged it but no change

I have gotten a 2-2 code from the set

I have seen some threads describing capacitors that go bad.

Do you think that could be the problem

Thanks

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have checked out the fuses F9A04 and F9A05 are blown
I am ordering new fuses and a new STK393-110 Chip

The resistors are all good

There are 2 coils listed in the parts list as L9A20 and L9A21 appear to be burnt where they are soldered to the board, I want to replace them but they are only listed in the parts list as part number 411D009020 CORE FERRITE, There is no value stamped on them and no Value given in the parts list. How can I find a proper replacement

Thanks

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
If you need replacement parts, call Mitsubishi.

Are these coils or just ferrite beads? Are they open or do they have continuity?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They are ferrite beads, they have continuity, and when I check them against others with the same part numbers, they have continuity, and the same resistance both when tested in the circuit and when I desolder them and test them outside the circuit

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
So why are you trying to change them. A ferrite bead is just that, placed on a jumper to reduce high frequency noise in the circuit. If the board looked burned it was not because of these.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks

I got my new chip and 2 fuses and replaced them and the TV works better than it ever has

1 - 8 of 8 Posts