Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 65907 was having a intermittent hourglass shape but would pop back to normal.One day I went to turn it on it just made a pop and would not power up.The green light would stay on for 2 seconds and blink off.Through much research I concluded that I needed to replace the convergence IC's and 2 pico fuses.
Now when I plug it in i get the initial flashes indicating the processor is fired up and when i check the self diagnostics it flashes 1-2 indicating normal but i get no picture,there is sound but no picture.

Please Help
Going Nuts

billmtnman

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
You say you needed to replace the ICs. Did you do that? Your post is unclear regarding what you did or did not do in relation to the change in status.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did replace IC's and pico fuses however I did get very inexpensive IC's from ebay, I think they cost me $10 for two. The IC's stated they were Sanyo but reading another post stated that a four number part number was a knockoff.

Thank you very much for your help
Billmtnman

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Start over, verify you got everything connected properly. If so, take out the chips, verify the fuses are not open, and try to run the set with not ICs. This will tell you if you have an issue with the output ICs or not. It should run with no convergence and geometry correction.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts