Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mitsubishi - WS-65907 Powers on hear a click and 2 seconds later it powers off
I cleaned the board as instructed where center crt had leaked checked glass fuses they are ok
I checked all connections where board was leak on all connections were good and ohmed out Resistors which were also good.
I pushed the input and menu and power does not stay on long enought to do anything

Steve

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Hold input and menu simultaneously for 5 seconds and read the flashing code (2 digits separated by a pause).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The TV won't stay on long enought for the light to flash, you push the power button (or use remote)
1 second later it turns off

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
The flashing code is a diagnosic that you get AFTER the set has gone into shutdown. You hold the two keys for at least 5 seconds and it will start flashing again, and that will be your two digit code. It will repeat about five times, IIRC. The whole point of the diagnostics is to narrow the problem to the type of failure that caused the shutdown, so the set does not need to be running to retrieve it. As long as the micro is running you will normally get the codes. If the main microprocessor is not running the set would not even try to start and you would get no response from the controls at all.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I beleive it is the 1-2 code, im getting 1-2 pause 1-2 pause 1-2 pause 1-2 pause 1-2 pause then it quits flashing

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
1-2 indicates that it is not a protect shutdown. The set is never starting up properly. Not a trivial repair. I suggest you contact a tech who has experience on these sets.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Are you sure that it is not 1-2?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts