Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After all the remotes that I've gotten, it still does not work with this tv. Is there anyone out there who have a mitsubishi 290P094020 tv remote that they no longer use and can send it my way?

I have used

1 - universal remote at Best Buy,
2 - a remote that I bout online and they sent me a generic remote that they said it was specifically for the mitsubishi ws-73903, althought I specifically bought a mits remote, they said that it's no longer available so they sent me a generic one - well it does not work
3 - borrowed my sister's remote and it did work and I set it up to with the menu etc. I used the format to change it WS but when I turned it off and turn it back on so I thought it was working and gave my sister back her remote.

4. Moving forward I used the 2nd remote that I got to turn it on (which was another Mitsubishi remote that I brought through Amazon) it showed an HOUR GLASS/I mean a really drinking glass style of picture so I turned it off. The mits remote that I got from Amazon does not work with WS-73903 so I thought I will borrow my sister's remote again to fix it.

So far I have used 3 remotes (1 mitubishi) and now the THING WON'T TURN ON. IT will click when I plug it in but it won't turn on at all with any of the remotes. I am getting so dissappointed because I know how this tv looks like when I have it turn one for the first time. I will try to plug it in another socket (I am hoping that it needed more juice because all window unit and fans in the house are turned) and hopefully it work.

If NOT, what do you think is happening? Did I messed it up with the REMOTES that I tried to use but pressing so many buttons etc?

Need help?:crying:

·
Registered
493 Posts
Re: MITSUBISHI WS-73903 does not turn on AND DO YOU HAVE A REAL 290P094020 REMOTE CONTROL AVAILABLE

Several things come to mind.

First of all, have you tried replacing the batteries in your remote?
Does your TV have a power button on the set where you can turn it on. If you think its on but you don't get picture or sound, be sure that you're on the correct input.

As for a replacement remote, if you really must have the original, try these people. I'd call to be sure that its not a substitute and that it is the original. http://www.remotecontrolscenter.com/mitsubishi/290p094020.html

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Re: MITSUBISHI WS-73903 does not turn on AND DO YOU HAVE A REAL 290P094020 REMOTE CONTROL AVAILABLE

Any Mits remote should work. They have had the same codes for years. If you can get the unit on, refer to the service manual for the codes to get to the option menu to do a service level initialization. This sets all modes to the factory default for consumer adjustments and will clear some flaky microprocessor problems sometimes. You could also have a problem with the remote receiver, system control circuits, front panel switches, or coolant contamination on the signal board. At this point you need to isolate variables and do some troubleshooting.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Thanks. I think that is what I have to do. I'd hate to just throw this beautiful tv even though it's 10 years old if I can play with it and get it to work. where do you think I can find parts for this baby - I am thinking that I may also need a power supply just in case but that would be the worst scenario.:spend: I really don't want to spend money (especially when it was given to me for free plus I've googled repair threads and found out that people has gotten service for $200-800, if that is the case, it would be better to buy a new one).'

Where can I get Mitsubishi parts for these tv when it says that Mits themselves don't make them anymore?:flex:

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts

Most of the parts are available at the component level, not at the board level. Mits has likely run out of the boards, but we still can get many components to fix them. Some come from Mitsubishi, some from other vendors, depending on the part. You need to figure out what you need before you worry about where to get it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Again, you are right - I guess I'll cross that bridge when I get there. Thanks again.:heehee:

·
Registered
303 Posts
I need a remote for my ws-65909 also.

I use the JP1 programmable remotes though. In browsing through for a remote profile I found the following in a readme with the profile:

The files included in this zip archive include a new protocol (written by Jon Armstrong) which has the correct timing for the newer Mitsubishi televisions with NetCommand. The original Mitsubishi protocol (TV/0150) does not work perfectly with these newer televisions -- The typical symptom is that each keypress is seen as two keypresses by the TV. This can be especially annoying with the arrow keys.

So it appears it's not exactly the same as the older remotes and you really do need an origial remote for everything to work right (or a JP! remote!). If you've found a universal/aftermarket one that does work perfectly please post back.

Take care,

Steve

1 - 7 of 7 Posts