Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Mitsubishi WT-42313 Convergence

Ive seen some threads on this tv but Im not 100% sure my problem is the same so Im posting a new thread--

If anyone has any advice/ feedback or experience on this its appreciated-- Im reading this would cost $250-$400 to fix at a shop??...

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Resolder the convergence ICs.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Re: Mitsubishi WT-42313 Convergence

Thanks for the clarification..Ive been reading your many other responses on tilting the board rather than fully removing it to solder.. That makes sense because the whole lite box assembly popped out in a jiffy with just 2 disconnects...

Does blue convergence correspond to either IC8c01 or IC8c02 (from service manual+board) so I can more easily identify the bad solder or should I just resolder both IC's? (im sure i should just do both) (Or does it not work that way) I'll take a more in depth look at It tonite. Thanks again..

Update-- It was the last pin in ic8c01 bank-- I touched it with a screwdriver and noticed it was loose-- Soldered it and tv works perfectly-- especially bright after cleaning lenses... Its been running for 90 mins with no reoccurances...

Thanks for saving me from breaking my back and wallet haulin this mutha all over the earth-- I had a 40" mitsu circa 1986 (paid $2600) that broke twice on me and I shelled out some major dough to have fixed--- so this makes up for it!!

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Just resolder both.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts