Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I am working on a WT-42311 and it has an error 21 (X-Ray Protect circuit) code.
I was wondering what x-ray protect circuit is?
I am fairly knowledgeable in repair of electronics but I have worked on few tv's and none with something labeled x-ray protect.
Just wondering what it is, hoping that with more knowledge I can do more troubleshooting.
Thanks for any advise.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Are you sure that the code is not 1-2 instead of 2-1?

x-protect circuitry shuts the set down if there is a condition that could lead to excessive high voltage. If you are not familiar with troubleshooting high voltage circuits I suggest leaving this to a professional.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am sure that it is 2-1.
Two flashes half second pause then one flash then two second pause then repeat.
It shuts the set down if there is high voltage in what circuit/area?

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
CRT based television uses high voltage on the anode of about 30kV. If something happens that could allow that to rise above normal, you get a 2-1 code and shutdown. Again, if you are not familiar with troubleshooting high voltage in CRT based television, it is best to leave this alone.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So this shuts down the set if the voltage coming from the flyback rises to a value above what is set as acceptable?

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
No, it shuts down if the sample of the high voltage output circuit rises above a reference voltage indicating that the HV output may go too high. It also shuts down for a number of other reasons, but a 2-1 code indicates that there is a problem in this area. The source of the problem could be many components.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts