Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a WT-42311. Suddenly, the image is deformed. There's some convergence issues that don't resolve when running the convergence diagnostic. Also, there's a bowed arc of light at the top of the screen.

After pressing Menu and Input, I get the 2-1 error indicating the X-Ray Protect circuit failure.

Does that explain the image problems?

Is there any DIY fix or do I have to take it in?

Any sense of ballpark on cost for the fix?

Thanks in advance.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
I do not know what you mean by "convergence diagnostic."

Your code is actually 1-2. These codes identify shutdown conditions only, and since your set is not shutting down you get a 1-2 code indicating no shutdown error.

Your problem is likely just a bad convergenc amp, and possibly resistors. Fix it before you create more problems.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks so much for the response. sorry for being a bit ignorant as to the lingo. i'll try to be more clear.

my tv turns on and off just fine. i tried to calibrate the convergence and went into the advanced convergence menu. the red lines are fine, but the blue lines are seriously tweaked. i can't calibrate them at all.

when i turn off the tv and hold menu and input, the error code is definitely 2,1. i know that code is supposed to indicate an x-ray circuit problem. but, i understand that mitsubishi's codes may not always be clear in what they mean.

if it was the x-ray circuit, would it cause any display problems or would the tv not turn on at all? if it is a convergence problem, is that a diy fix or do i need to get a technician in to do the work? i am very handy, but have no experience soldering circuits. i suspect it may be over my skill level to try to replace much if i have to solder it...

thanks again.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
The x-protect circuit shuts the set down. Since you do not have a shutdown, this is not an issue. What you are seeing is almost certainly a 1-2 code, not a 2-1.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts