Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read the first 10 threads. My Mitsubishi hd 1080 is a model # WTA42. I found a repair shop an hour away that I have to take my tv to. There is no one available to come here to repair it.

I told the repair guy what it was doing and told him I thought it was the convergence output ic. He said they could prob replce both (if that was the problem) for around $220 (parts and labor). Is that reasonable for this repair.

I looked inside the TV and all the boards looked the same to me. I have no idea what part inside was the convergence ic.

Just some advice or specific assistance would be great.

thanks

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
If you are not confident that you know what you are doing, it is far better to bring it to a professional. That quote is very reasonable if he is using original Sanyo parts. Understand that there may be other issues beyond or instead of the convergence ICs. These sets have been known to have some bad caps in the power supply that can interact with convergence problems.

Who is the servicer?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok I saw those things inside the TV.

The repair shop is called southern utah TV and Satellite. They have a web site but the forum won't let me post it because I haven't posted 5 times yet.

I don't know much about the shop but it says they have been in business for over 29 years. I could go to Las Vegas but it is about an hour and half away and the prices there are much higher.

Thanks for your help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts