Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there,

I'm using REW since version 4.1. Totally great piece of software. I have a mic/amp combo bought from a local calibration service years ago. Now I have some capsules and a mic lying around which I would love to compare and see their flaws.
How do I go about creating a mic cal FR response and export a cal file for the mic?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OK, seems that I can't edit my post or I'm stupid blind. Some updates. After more research I'm believing that its not possible with REW, but with ARTA. Pretty ugly and a bit complicated. (I see advantages of REW with its nice UI and simplicity). And I didn't find out where I can put in my cal file for my reference mic. Now I actually got a calibration for MIC B of my uncalibrated reference mic.

Now I'm curious if anyone knows a VST/DX/RTAS EQ plugin which can read calibration files for realtime measuring and processing in a DAW?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
in REW the mic cal file is loaded under "preference/mic-meter".
I have no info regarding your other question.
Yes know that. I was speaking about ARTA which isn't that obvious. The mic file can also be changed in the tabs in REW btw..

·
Premium Member
1,562 Posts
I have never used arta, but it just took me 2 minutes to find and open their manual and learn how to load the mic cal file. You may want to give that a try.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, thanks. Isn't so importan for now.

I think I have no luck finding a realtime EQ that can read the calibration files. Was going through 30 google pages with no luck.
How does REW do this. It substracts the inverted calibration after the measurement or in realtime?

·
Premium Member
1,562 Posts
I don't really understand your question/problem/situation.

I can only comment that the REW RTA uses the loaded mic cal file to properly graph the SPL response. If EQ is included in the measurement chain then the response shown is the response of the EQ/room/speaker combination. The impact of the mic response is not included as it has been compensated for by REW.

This is likely not what you were asking however.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My question in the first post is answerd. I'm creating the cal file with ARTA. Thought I could do it with REW.

The next question is, is there is an VST/DX/RTAS or standalone EQ/Filter plugin that reads this calibration files that I can use in a DAW/sequencer? No REW related question anymore. Can't make it precise anymore than that. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts