Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone here had the opportunity to conduct a comparison between the MJ Acoustics Xeno and the KEF KHT 3005SE ? - provided that the room acoustics, amp and other environmental factors were the same or similar. :ponder:

·
Banned
4,015 Posts
Hi Sam, both packages seem to fare quite well with the reviews that I have seen, not sure there is too many people that have actually compared these 2 sets, the MJ coming in at approx £800 with the Kef being slightly higher at £1200 which would put them above the Xeno's but more cost does not always mean better...unfortunately I have not heard either so slightly difficult for me to comment on performance, but I do prefer more traditional style speakers like the MJ Acoustics design, Kef eggs has always been an odd one and you either like the style or hate it :rolleyesno:

Here is a review of the MJ Xeno package

And here is a link to the Kef site with quite a few awards that the 3005SE have won, so quite popular but also more money KEF KHT 3005SE :scratch:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Sam, both packages seem to fare quite well with the reviews that I have seen, not sure there is too many people that have actually compared these 2 sets, the MJ coming in at approx £800 with the Kef being slightly higher at £1200 which would put them above the Xeno's but more cost does not always mean better...unfortunately I have not heard either so slightly difficult for me to comment on performance, but I do prefer more traditional style speakers like the MJ Acoustics design, Kef eggs has always been an odd one and you either like the style or hate it :rolleyesno:

Here is a review of the MJ Xeno package

And here is a link to the Kef site with quite a few awards that the 3005SE have won, so quite popular but also more money KEF KHT 3005SE :scratch:
Thanks John,
I appreciate your input

·
Banned
4,015 Posts
It could be a good idea if you do go for say the Xeno Sat/speakers and then purchase a better sub than what they offer in the package, something like the BK XXLS400 would give you better performance gains, and quite a tidy sat/sub system...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts