Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone first time poster long time lurker.
I have finally gotten around to calibrating my subs and have been trying to learn how to use REW the past few hours. I finally was able to calibrate the mobilepre sound card and resulted with a proper looking graph. When I attempt to load the file I get an error message saying:

File parsing error at line 3. Line has frequency -3.00 which s not higher than the preceding frequency -0.00.

Has anyone seen this error message before? I have no idea what to do at this point. If anyone can assist me I would be very appreciative.

Thanks
Forin

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the help John. I was able to take a picture of it, I cannot upload the file itself HTshack will not allow .mdat files to be uploaded.

soundcalpic.jpg

Sample rate: 44100 Hz
-3 dB points: 11.8 Hz, 20.283 kHz
Input device: Line 1/2 (4- M-Audio MobilePre)
Input: No input selected
Channel: Right
Input volume: no control
Input RMS target: -9.0 dB
Actual RMS at 1 kHz: -9.1 dB
Output device: Line 1/2 (4- M-Audio MobilePre)
Output: No output selected
Sweep level: -9.0 dB
20 Hz .. 20 kHz flatness: +0.2, -2.3 dB

Forin

·
REW Author
6,711 Posts
mdat files are binary measurement filess, cal files are text files with frequency, gain and phase on each line. Maybe you did not click the "Make cal..." button at the end of the soundcard calibration process? That generates the required text file and automatically loads it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great, thanks for the advice John I was able to get it to work. Soon as I get some free time I will attempt to grab a FR of my subs. Thanks!

Forin

1 - 5 of 5 Posts