Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Wow I JUST bought one of these today with a convergence issue. Someone told the guy that owned it that it was one of the pico fuses but none of them looked damaged or anything so I'm thinking its the IC.

Now on to your picture....that's a very strange looking convergence issue.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
If there are points that you cannot adjust to correct with the point convergence, chances are an output IC is bad. Could be something else but it is rare and the first step is to isolate the problem.

Read the first ten posts of the convergence repair sticky in the DIY repair forum VERY carefuly. If you do not feel confident that you understand the matter well after that, consult a professional.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have already fixed 3 other tvs with convergence issues, but haven't seen this. If it is related to the convergence then I won't mind replacing the ic's. If it is something else, I don't want to waste time and mostly money on the wrong thing. I am ready to start on it this saturday, and I hope it is convergence related, and I can fix it. I will let all know how it turns out. Unless someone knows what this is and offers a different fix.
Thanks
Jim

·
Registered
355 Posts
It's quite strange because the colors all seem lined up. It's like convergence on all 3 tubes are tweaked exactly the same in that spot or something.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
If you remove the ICs and it still has the same distortion you know it is not in the convergence outputs. It certainly could be in defelction or in the convergence gnerator, but the first thing to isolate is the ouput amps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts