Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

New to the page!

I've been interested in an IB system and I've tried modeling an IB with 2 Fi Car Audio IB18 drivers in WinISD, but I think I'm missing something.

It appears that the subs will start dropping off around 40hz. I was under the impression that IB subs would reach way down low, so I wonder if I have dome something wron in modeling them.

Suggestions as to what I might check?

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi Everyone,

New to the page!

I've been interested in an IB system and I've tried modeling an IB with 2 Fi Car Audio IB18 drivers in WinISD, but I think I'm missing something.

It appears that the subs will start dropping off around 40hz. I was under the impression that IB subs would reach way down low, so I wonder if I have dome something wron in modeling them.

Suggestions as to what I might check?

Thanks!
Hi,
sorry, I cant help you with modelling the sub, however, from personal experience, 2 Fi IB18 can get VERY low.
White Line Font Rectangle Red
Rectangle Slope Plot Font Line

·
Registered
193 Posts
Use Hornresp.net to model the enclosure.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've been interested in an IB system and I've tried modeling an IB with 2 Fi Car Audio IB18 drivers in WinISD, but I think I'm missing something. It appears that the subs will start dropping off around 40Hz. I was under the impression that IB subs would reach way down low, so I wonder if I have dome something wrong in modeling them.
That definitely looks like something is wrong. Check that the Thiele-Small parameters that you have entered are correct.

The Fi Car Audio IB318 v2 S4 driver has Fs = 24.4Hz and Qts = 0.79. The latter is just a little bit greater than the Qts = 0.71 value needed for a maximally flat second-order Butterworth high-pass response. The driver should show as being –3dB at approximately its free air resonance frequency, Fs = 24.4Hz. The higher Qts value means that you will get a little bit of peaking in the response.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts