Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do any of the modern AVRs work as a passive auto switching HDMI port when the ARV is not in use?

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
I doubt it. Some will pass through the HDMI when in standby but need to be operational to permit switching.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
I know my Onkyo doesnt. Main power must be on for any video output even if the AVR has dual hdmi outs (dual zone applications) and main power must be on for all legacy video outputs designed specifically for zone 2 use only. Its convenience that ranks right up there with no OSD on anything other than hdmi and radio tuners that require zone 1 power just to change the station....

·
Premium Member
8,112 Posts
Do any of the modern AVRs work as a passive auto switching HDMI port when the ARV is not in use?
Hello,
Actually I am almost positive that the Yamaha Aventage A3000 does that very thing. Perhaps the A2000 does it as well. As these AVR's are discontinued or soon to be, there should be some good Sale Prices on them. The A3000 has garnered excellent Reviews.
Cheers,
JJ

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hello,
Actually I am almost positive that the Yamaha Aventage A3000 does that very thing. Perhaps the A2000 does it as well. As these AVR's are discontinued or soon to be, there should be some good Sale Prices on them. The A3000 has garnered excellent Reviews.
Cheers,
JJ
Thanks for the tip. Actually, I feel kind of silly. At first glance, I didn't think the AVR I was looking at had Digital Optical Inputs, but it does, so I don't really need a HDMI passive switch. Comcast isn't currently sending anything past dolby digital, so digital optical input is just fine for TV audio. Face meets palm. :coocoo:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts