Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I figured I should probably start a new thread about this instead of continuing to ask off topic questions on the other thread. Tiddler, could provide a quick summary of the new formula ... I'm especially wondering about Easy Flex 05 and 06 in the quart size. Also are there any RGB values available with this new formula so we can see how it compares to the original formula?

Thanks,
Harry

·
Registered
703 Posts
I replied to your question.

tiddler said:
I originally used a 2:1 ratio of LB:YO but the spectral reflectance curves from the Behr Color Lab suggested backing of slightly on the Yellow Oxide. The ratio I am working with now is 5:2. I'm not even sure I could tell the difference. I have painted screens with quart formulas of 0 6 0 LB + 0 2 0 YO, 0 6 0 LB + 0 3 0 YO, and I have made up some samples of 0 5 0 LB + 0 2 0 YO. The difference is very slight. the 0 6 0 LB + 0 2 0 YO is a ever so slightly cooler looking than the 0 6 0 LB + 0 3 0 YO.

It is also true that those formulas above were for a gallon. I multiplied the quart tints by 4 to get the gallon tint. His screen is larger than 120" therefore a quart may not make it for two coats.
I don't have access to anyone that can provide RGB data at this time.

The best I can offer at this time is that my screen is 0 6 0 LB + 0 2 0 YO in a quart and it looks fine with no noticeable color shift. The sample panels I have been using are 0 6 0 LB + 0 3 0 YO in a quart and they don't appear different. If anything my screen is ever so slightly blue looking compared to the sample panels.

Please trust me, if there is ever a discovery that any information provided in my threads is incorrect or detrimental in anyway, I will immediately post a warning and a correction if applicable.

Anyone who used the basic 2:1 ratio tints initially provided should have nothing to worry about. The recent tweak was very minor. I suspect most of use could not tell with two samples beside each other.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Oops, sorry, must have missed the reply ... my bad :duh:

Thanks again for all the info.

Harry
No problem Harry!

I rely on you guys to keep me honest and on my toes.

If something does not look right please speak up folks.
Something could be wrong, I have not explained something clearly enough, or maybe you are missing some information. Either way I want to know so we can sort it out.

Besides it's nice to know someone is interested and paying attention! :nerd:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.