Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I love these Behringer amps, crossovers and all that, cheap, easy to work on, easy to improve, having lots of fun with the Behringer A 500 and the NU1000, now i am testing them, they sound good, very good considdering the price !
I ad a picture of a modified A 500, i will make a nice front for it, leave out all that is unnesesary junk, leds and pots etc. just make it a nice powerfull workinghorse for my active speaker-setup....

tojoko

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,921 Posts
I'm intrigued by your A500 mods. What source did you reference for making your modifications? I agree that the bezel isn't big on looks, I thought of painting it. The level meters can also be distracting, and again are low on looks, but the clipping indicators can be handy...

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi
Hi
I've seen pics of a modified A500 and liked it, clean, found the original outputcaps a bit too small, had some bigger ones (4 X 10.000 µF, 100 Volt) and decided to put them in, input now comes in at the point the pots are normally plugged in (also seen pics of that mod), so in fact the inputleads are shortened, put seperate HQ RCA sockets in, took the original output PCB out, and will make a backplate with banana output chassis in, I don not need the clipping indicators, i never will have a clipping problem, I am using it in an active set-up, in 25 years playing active I never experienced clipping.....

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Testing the cheap but slightly modified amps in my digital active system...see pic

Tojoko

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi tojoko,
I have an A500 and found it's works good
I'm looking for buying a second one
But now I'm interested in your upgrade
Can you tell me what you did and the sound results ?
Many thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts