Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As part of my getting ready to move I've bought an integrated amp that has a tubed preamp built in - making the Modwright surplus to requirememts.

My SWL9.0 SE is for sale at $1600obo (including shipment), if anyone is interested photos and more details can be found over on Audiogon (martinp120).

This piece is of value for those interested in significantly improving their 2 channel sound. Having a HT bypass allows it to be integrated into a HT system. The CD player and HT front left and right channels go into the Modwright (along with other inputs), the ouput from the Modwright goes to the power amp front left and right. When using the CD input the Modright controls the volume, when flicking the HT switch the Modwright is bypassed and the volume is controlled by the processor.

All HT processors, even with analog bypass, have some degree of digital processing - which for me makes the sound harsher. The MW solves this problem by taking away the harshness and extracting more detail, in addition it adds more dynamism and a more 3 dimensional soundstage. When I did an AB with the Anthem D1 a few weeks ago the main difference was soundstage: with the MW the instruments and vocals are projected holgraphicaly into the room, but with the D1 everything goes flat and became a 2 dimensional sound across ther backwall.

Again - this is only of value for improving 2 channel performance. Any questions just ask.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.