Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody....

My son graduated college with honors. As a gift, he requested my stereo system...something he has always wanted. That also included my Plasma tv...:crying:

So, I am starting from the ground up. I have a pair of Monitor Audio RX6 and centre channel. I am looking for a receiver that will mate well with them. Any suggestions for a good one? Budget is $500 - $1,500. Onkyo 5010, Marantz 7005, Pioneer Elite SC-68, Denon 4520CI, Integra DTR-50.2, Yammy 3010? Refurbished is fine. Will add subwoofer and surrounds in a couple of weeks. May get the Emotiva amp again. Either XPA 3 or 5.

I've perused a couple of sites and it is interesting the variety of opinions about receivers that are considered bright vs warm. Many have said that the SC-68 should never be paired with Monitor RX6. Might be too harsh since the Elites are considered bright....:huh:. I've always wondered what specifically in the receivers make them bright vs warm. The WhatHifi website swears the Yammy is the best pairing with RX6.

I plan to demo and listen for myself. Would like opinions from the forum members.

Thanks!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey everybody....

My son graduated college with honors. As a gift, he requested my stereo system...something he has always wanted. That also included my Plasma tv...:crying:

So, I am starting from the ground up. I have a pair of Monitor Audio RX6 and centre channel. I am looking for a receiver that will mate well with them. Any suggestions for a good one? Budget is $500 - $1,500. Onkyo 5010, Marantz 7005, Pioneer Elite SC-68, Denon 4520CI, Integra DTR-50.2, Yammy 3010? Refurbished is fine. Will add subwoofer and surrounds in a couple of weeks. May get the Emotiva amp again. Either XPA 3 or 5.

I've perused a couple of sites and it is interesting the variety of opinions about receivers that are considered bright vs warm. Many have said that the SC-68 should never be paired with Monitor RX6. Might be too harsh since the Elites are considered bright....:huh:. I've always wondered what specifically in the receivers make them bright vs warm. The WhatHifi website swears the Yammy is the best pairing with RX6.

I plan to demo and listen for myself. Would like opinions from the forum members.

Thanks!
I can support the WhatHiFi comment as I have the RX6 & Centre mated with a Yamaha RX-A2000 and it is a great match.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts