Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

141 - 151 of 151 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #141
Kinda feels like deja vu here. ;)

Subwoofer #2 construction pics...

Finished installing the port tube and the side panel with the port outlet.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #142
Well... I'm not sure I'm doing all that much better of a job on subwoofer #2, but no major problems have cropped up so I guess it's all good. :T

Bondo!

Lots and lots of hand sanding, then shot it with some paint just to make it look uniform (and make myself feel better).

All four sides on... front, back, left, right. :)

The last of the braces... **** port tube! Totally in the way.

Other end was easier.

Looking like a bona fide "box" now.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
I'm trying... I'm really trying... and I just can't imagine what these beasts would sound like. This must be a totally new realm of bass. I can't wait to hear your impression of these subs, and find out what they do to your house. I just watched Transformers with my Tempest and new Buttkickers and I got a little scared at points. I bet you'll scare the neighbors!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #146
Hey, Dave. I just got back from a weekend trip to Southern California. I'm pretty tired right now but I might do a little more work on the 2nd sub tonight. It's only a couple hours of work away from being operational (minus the paint). Should have it wrapped up some time this week!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Cool! Can't wait, Bradley. I have very much been interested in seeing both of your subs finished. Im sure you have been having plenty of fun with your first but when you fire up that second, heh... you'll be glad you got it. :D Good house shaking fun.

Will you be pairing them together in the corner or were you going to have the second sub in the opposite corner? Not sure if I asked that already. :p

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #149
Sorry I haven't updated this thread in a while. The 2nd sub was finished a while back. Here are some pictures and a graph of in-room response.

The sub with the paint around the driver is unit #2.

Here's how they are oriented presently.

And here's a measurement I did just for fun and "bragging rights". This is a corrected measurement using the RS Digital SPL meter placed on the HT recliner arm in the middle of the room, which is well over 2 meters distance from each sub.

118 dB at 12.5 Hz. Not too shabby, eh? :D

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #151
The CE4000 is doing just fine. :) It's not often I see the clipping indicators light up. When they do, it's only when "caos is breaking loose". ;)

141 - 151 of 151 Posts